Founded by a group of like-minded youths from Humla district of Nepal, READI looks forward to work with the motto of helping people to change their lives. The organization is run by volunteers. Hence it is keen to receive financial support and cooperation from partners. All those who are eager to assist us can do so through donations or sponsorships. Interested individuals can also acquire membership of the organization without any hassles.
Currently, READI is actively supporting under-privileged children in basic education, water and sanitation, health related campaigns and humanitarian support.
- Developing skills for life and work: Through formal and informal education and skills training, we transfer the needed skills and knowledge to young people so that they can lead more productive and self-sufficient lives.
- Providing humanitarian aid: When people’s needs are urgent, we are able to respond promptly and efficiently. We also help people meet their food security and water needs, and support communities’ safe sanitation and hygiene practices. In response to April 25 , 2015 earthquake and the aftershocks that followed, we were able to act immediately to supply immediate relief aid and supplies to most affected villages of Sindhupalchowk, Rasuwa and Gorkha. We distributed equipment for building temporary shelter together with food, medicine and other essentials.
- Reinvigorating the economy: A strong community needs a strong local economy. We work to strengthen local economies and protect communities by promoting and marketing local resources: tourism, Agro-product, Handicraft , etc. We also connect this product directly to the market at National and international level. The Humla Delights Bakery and Coffee shop in Simikot is a model to demonstrate rural economy improving local livelihoods through promoting local traditional cuisine.
- Influencing policy: We advocate on behalf of the communities we work with, giving them a voice on the local and international stage, and ensuring their interests and concerns are considered at the highest level.
- Decentralization: Individual and community ownership of local development is critical. Actions are most successful if decisions are made by seeking people's consent and participation. This requires effective national and local government working in partnership with the people.
- Sustainable development: As the old proverb goes “Do not give a person a fish but rather teach him how to fish' we at READI always strive forward to create a developed and independent Nepal. Most of the development aid has been focused on feeding Nepali people rather than teaching them. We at READI focus on building the human resource that can self sustain and are productive for a better tomorrow. We focus on local products and emphasize on use and market of local valuable products skills.
- Technological Advancement: Modern era and societies are defined by the technological advancement. Technology helps to make the work easier, reliable and efficient. Without technological advancements the development of a society is next to impossible. The sorrow and the pathetic state of the lifestyle in Karnali region and other rural mountain areas can also be considered due to lack of use of appropriate technology. We want to connect the people of Nepal to the world .We emphasize on use of modern and reliable technology in farming for better and high value production and in education for better and efficient learning.
- Social Transformation. People’s self-reliance is suppressed by conditions such as corruption, armed conflict, racism and the subjugation of women. These are all rooted in our age-old and nearly universal patriarchal mindset that must be transformed as part of a fundamental shift in the way society is organized.
- Empowerment. In the face of social suppression, focused and sustained action is required to awaken people to the possibility of self-reliance, to build confidence, and to organize communities to take charge of their own development.